Friday, April 2, 2010

Color, Thank Yous, and Easter

I want to start off by saying thank you for all of your comments! They are all definitely the little bit of cheer leading I need to keep going on this house! David is a great cheerleader too - but it definitely doesn't hurt to get some outside perspective! ; )


Second - Many of you asked if I would share the color of the blue stools. The paint is from Valspar (purchased at Lowe's) and the color is Shale. Just a small can did the job with PLENTY left over.


I also want to extend a very heartfelt thank you to Janet over at the Gardner's Cottage. She recently did a post with a very sweet comment on my house - however - HER house is adorable and is CHALK FULL of history! If you have never checked out her blog (which I have a feeling half my readers are now from her blog! : ) you must! Besides the post on her amazing cottage, my favorite posts are her "Monday Menu's" ...and get this - it's all vegan! I promise you'll be salivating!

Below is her cottage - it was originally the Gardner's cottage (hence the name :) of a very large mansion in Redlands.



And finally - HAPPY EASTER! I hope everyone has a beautiful Easter no matter how you celebrate. We celebrate like every other holiday - Big. Family. Dinner.

{image Tricia Foley}



{Image (really has no relevance - just pretty) also Tricia Foley}




I realize this pic (above) really has no relevance other than I came home from work to find these beauties perched on my kitchen island. : )




Happy Easter Everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa,

    A thousand thank you's. You are so sweet and kindhearted. Thank you again for all your help with my new love, my little black table. I love that this table will live with me forever and has such a sweet story now attached to it. I'm so sorry I didn't post more pics of our day but my camera is pretty crappy and the quality of the pictures was not very good. Please tell Sally that I thought she was drop dead gorgeous and would love to know where she got her cardigan from.
    I would have loved to post the delicious meal I ordered, vegetable enchiladas! My husband has heard enough about their salsa in the last few days to last him a lifetime! Also, missy, you MUST post more pictures of your gorgeous home. I can see by the above photo that you have beadboard ceilings! I'm dying.

    ~janet

    p.s. Check out the little post Jennifer did of our cottage over at the Newlywed Diaries. This must be my week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you. What a nice surprise to be greeted by flowers after work.

    ReplyDelete