Monday, October 25, 2010

A Peek Inside

I have been avoiding posting pictures of the rooms in our house for a long time now. I think it has something to do with the fact that I want things to be perfectly put together before I put them out there for all to see. Architecturally, everything is pretty much done. But, as far as furniture and decor goes, I have a long ways to go, and I'm beginning to realize that this will be a project that is never truly done. Getting married and starting a business mixed in with a few small DIY projects have bought me a little bit of time but the truth I have come to realize, is that I just need to post. I'm starting with a room that doesn't need many "finishing touches." With the exception of one wall this room is pretty much done. So here it is, our master/one and only bathroom upstairs.


Our upstairs is pretty small. It's only three bedrooms and a small bathroom. There isn't an official Master Suite or Master Bedroom for that matter. There is only a bedroom that is slightly larger than the other two. To give you an idea of how small the bathroom is, the above picture was taken by me standing IN the shower.

The mirror below was a Home Depot Expo clearance item before they officially went out of business. It was an awful faux gold, with a little bit of antiquing, finish. I gave it a makeover with a little bit of high-gloss white paint.



The wall on the left (pictured below) is where I'm stumped. I have a few ideas, but nothing is just jumping out at me.


{A view of the ceiling}


Well there you have it. The first official room tour. This has been a scary first step but I promise to keep going!

**Many of you commented on my new header (thank you!) It was done by the incredibly talented, Caleb of this company. He completely "re-branded" my blog, and I love how it turned out! You can also check out some of his work here (it's an adorable farm in Oregon that he did the branding for.)

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...what a dreamy space!
    I LOVE the ceiling...it's perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bathroom, it's very calming. Can you tell me what color paint you have on the walls?

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this bathroom. So cozy and calm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love it! you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks lovely; over time i have come to the conclusion that a small home superbly done is far better than a rambling one badly done. i live in northern france and used to dream of owning a fall down chateau; nowadays i realistically lust after an appartement with a large terrace; how times change...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Just baked some pumpkin muffins & thought of you {shhh not connecting you to food or anything... lol} Miss you too! :)

    xoxo,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bathroom is TDF! I love the ceiling! and the carrara, (subway tile?) in the shower, blue walls, exactly what I would have done! How about a cute little shell shadowbox for the wall, or a coastal inspired vintage print of some sort for that little space? Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your bathroom. I am a sucker for carrara marble. It was so nice meeting you and your mom at your store the other week, it is absolutely beautiful. I want to thank you both of you so much for giving me the push I needed to start my blog.

    travelmoonblog.blogspot.com

    Still working on the logo and a few other details, but at least I started it, right? Thanks again, and I hope to make it back to Bixby & Ball very soon.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi melissa,

    i can't believe i missed this post. i don't feel one bit sorry for you btw. i too have a tiny bathroom that i have to stand in the tub to photograph.

    BUT i don't have a cool ceiling like that or marble countertops. i'm seriously jealous. i hope you do post more pics of the place b/c i do and nothing is perfect in my house. lots of people point that out to me but i don't care. it is what it is.

    love the new header and am so looking forward to a visit to your new shop.

    ~janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your style!!! I have been following you through Rustic Rooster and Grace Happens. A while back GH posted a few pics of your gorgeous newly renovated kitchen. OMG!! I have not stopped thinking/dreaming about it. Wondering if you could post some more or send to me at my personal email. I am about to under go a kitchen project. Thanks so much and good luck with the new store!!! cmcginty119@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty space! I am lusting over those marble countertops... yes, please! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete