Sunday, February 20, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

I woke up this morning in need of some inspiration and something different. Normally I would be sharing pictures of inspiring interiors or current design projects and ideas in the works. But, this morning I'm cooking instead. I find cooking to be extremely therapeutic. Some of my favorite moments are cooking in the kitchen with David who happens to be quite the chef. In college whenever I had late design classes - I'd always come home to wonderfully home-cooked meal. His signature dish was pork chops with an apple chutney. Cooking together always takes me back to our little tree house apartment.

<span class=

I took inspiration for this morning's meal from Sara at Sprouted Kitchen. Reading her blog is definitely a treat. Her talented husband, Hugh is a photographer. Hugh happened to have gone on Semester at Sea with the Best Man in our wedding. We desperately tried to book him for our wedding but someone had already snatched him up. Lucky them! : )

<span class=

The ingredients for this breakfast are pretty simple.
Whole Wheat Tortillas (you can use flour or even corn)
Eggs (or egg whites would be a good healthy option)
Jack Cheese (or any cheese)
Spinach (for big muscles)
tomatoes
onions
basil
avocado

<span class=

Cut the tomatoes in half a roast them in the oven at 325 for about 20 mins or until the onions turn slightly brown. Do this in the beginning while you're preparing the rest of the meal.

<span class=

I forgot about mine and they turned a little more than slightly brown - still good though!

<span class=


<span class=


<span class=

I warmed the tortillas straight over the stove flame to get them nice and toasty.

<span class=

Pile it all in and enjoy!

<span class=

All photography by our incredibly talented roommate/dear friend.
You can find him at Trevor Vieweg Photography

Remember these? They were Trevor's handy work too!

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic. We are up skiing in Mammoth and that will make such a great breakfast.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photography and that looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How soon can you come to my house and make breakfast? This looks soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! I will be making this one night for dinner...eggs are so easy for dinner. Great photographs too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so good! I love avocado in anything! The photography is beautiful and loved the pictures from the link you gave, very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum - will try this take on the ingredients we use too!!

    In college, I think I was lucky to have plain spaghetti with butter for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing!!! Going to have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photography and it looks so good and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS!! What amazing food images!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Melissa! The photos and the ingredients are wonderful!

    I'm starving now....xo kelley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok...i'm coming over for breakfast!!! YUM! And his work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! Come and make me one, please. Those pictures are divine.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I'm your newest follower. This wrap looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could eat that three times a day! Delish! Love the photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum. Can't wait to make them ... for DINNER!

    ReplyDelete